Wednesday, July 16, 2008

a bit of sad news

dear readers, this is a short post. it is just to let you know that all the peeps' efforts to find a home for my lady friend came to nothing. the kind man in devon changed his mind about having her. one of his lady dogs has just had a litter of puppies and he felt he couldn't take on a dog with such special needs. the peeps were in something of a state. clearly they could not keep a dog that has bitten members of the family 3 times but there was a real reluctance to give up on her.

however, last night herself got out of bed and my lady friend bit her badly on the foot. it bled a lot so hopefully it will not go mouldy like the hand did. and herself is still on anti-biotics for the hand anyway.

so the peeps will be taking my lady friend to the vet today to have her put to sleep. although i will miss her i will sleep much better knowing my peeps will be safe again.

7 comments:

Catofstripes said...

commiserations and hugs.

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

Oh no, I am so sorry it's come to this. Are there no other options at all?

My thoughts will be with you today.

liv said...

oh, poor thing. i do agree, though. sometimes things have to be done that we don't like to do when animals go awry.

womaninawindow said...

I'm sorry for you guys. That's one tough decision but the right one, I think.

On the bright side, I've bitten my husband more than three times on his foot and I have managed to get away with it. Whew!

best,
erin

Deb said...

I'm so sorry sweetie.

Eileen said...

I am so sorry. As painful as it was, it sounds like it was the right thing to do. Biting and drawing blood is serious.

Sending hugs your way.

Meg said...

I am so sorry. Sending hugs your way...