Friday, February 29, 2008

lady stuff


dear readers, my lady friend has been in the wars this week. as i have mentioned, she had to have her lady bits removed and various other stuff done. while she was under the knife it was discovered that she had one or two lumps that should not have been there in the, er, chest area.

(there is an ongoing debate in our house about what this area of a lady should be called. my boy calls them 'boobs' but herself says this makes them sound like mistakes and insists that he call them 'breasts'. my boy of course ignores any attempt at political correctness but i am more circumspect. i know what side my bread is buttered on - that's a saying, dear readers, bread is not good for dogs - so i will call it a chest to be on the safe side.)

anyway, my lady friend has what may be a mammary tumour. samples will be sent to the lab to find out if it is as scary as it sounds. the vet is hopeful things will be fine. so my lady friend has 3 sets of stitches where she should have one. but the scars will make her fit in better round here. i would look like a map of a railway if you were to shave my fur off.

as well as the surgery, my lady friend had the dog lady round today to sort out her head. this lady is a sort of psychiatrist for dogs. she was very nice and had a tube of cheese with ham in which she used to take my lady friend's mind off things while herself practiced stroking her where the sore bits were. then they went out for a walk and the dog lady groomed my lady friend while they were going up the road - sort of mobile hairdressing.

anyway, it seems that the tube of cheese is the key to it all. i may have to start objecting to being touched so i can get some cheese. but i'm a bit of a cuddle-monster so i'm not sure i could keep it up...

8 comments:

crazymumma said...

Oh i wish that a tube of ham and cheese was the cure for your missus. Tell her I have had one of those scares as well and that I am thinking of her.

Patience-please said...

We hope the lumps prove nothing to worry about at all. The only good thing about our servant is she always has bits of yummies in some pocket or other to shower upon us when we deserve it. Which, of course, is always.

wags from the whippets

flutter said...

oh the events you have had lately! Gracious.

Snuggle with your lady friend for me?

Anonymous said...

Hope she's better soon. How's herself?

Anonymous said...

We've got our fingers and paws crossed that the lumps aren't anything serious.

Thanks so much for the award - I've only just read that we've got it!

Full acknowledgement to follow...

Anonymous said...

I hate when things like this happen!! Waiting for test results to come back is the worse!! Your lady friend is in my thoughts, as is the rest of your wonderful family.

Casdok said...

Oh i hope everything is ok. :)

Girlplustwo said...

oh honey. i'm thinking of you.